Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hine Talking Points

Thomas Hine "Rise and Fall of the American Teenager"

Some Things I understand

Thomas Hine has a variety of interesting points. I understand his history of the teenager vocabulary and cultural development. I recognize that it did not always exist as its own individual culture, group, and identity both socially and biologically.


Some Things I dont understand

I got any questions clarified in class.

Connections to Other course themes

-As an opening piece I connect Hine to the three main assumptions/objectives of the class, because Hine addresses them all at different places, but speaks mainly to the idea of Teenagers as an alien life form.

Comments

I enjoyed reading Hine's piece and understood his article but I had a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that it did not always exist as I understand "teenager."

1 comment:

  1. Good points. I want to hear you say more about these connections to the class. I agree that he hits them all.. show me how.

    ReplyDelete