Tuesday, April 21, 2009

In class blog assignment...

So- after the work we did in class today I started thinking about question 5, which was hard because I think Listen Up! is addicting and Im glad to have found a new site. I am sure you can find other site similar to this one where teens are able to "talk back" and I think the videos related to this specifically are awesome. If you search media literacy youll find a handful of videos talking about how the media is getting it all wrong when it comes to teens, and I was glad to see im not the only one who feels like this.

I dont know of any other sites strictly dedicated to teens and what they have to say in a format like this one. When I think of this site I thought of youtube too. I realize that youtube is a place for people of all age groups, however, youtube has "channels" that are teen based, teen relevant, or talk about serious issues with a higher level of discourse like the teens from Listen Up are looking for. So that is definately one possibility.

Overall, I know of teens who are doing similar work as this site, producing their own grassroots media, vlogs, etc. and are doing it well (think avant garde) and I would like to see more vehicles for them to make their work available to others. After completing this post I am going to go searching for similar sites, and if I find anything good I will defiantely come back and add another post. At this point I am just struggling to focus- and locate more of these- though with how much I am enjoying this site/organization and the stuff it is doing I am sure I will be searching for more sites like it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, I love the additional links you found on Greenfield, Rose, Disney etc. Great stuff. I wish it had been up a little earlier so that the class would have had more of a chance to explore it. Nice use of the blog that way. - LB :)

    ReplyDelete