Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The things I carry... a reminder as to why the semester always ends like this

THIS IS NOT A CLASS ASSIGNMENT I SIMPLY NEEDED DOWNLOAD SPACE FROM THE STUFF I HAVE BEEN CARRYING ALL SEMESTER if you are not Doc. Bogad or myself please read no further

January
classes start
Dee and I get yelled at/threatened with gay stuff outside Mels house
gay crisis- end up in serious therapy at LEAST once a week


February
Best friend moves away- across country
gf threatens suicide
two deaths in the family
find out mom needs surgery
dad gets in car accident
dad breaks fusion
find out dad needs surgery
Get called gay slurs outside down city diner

March
I lose a dr. for back stuff
situations with hormone dr.
pain in chest since october finally gets explained
Hate crime grafiti found all over campus right before pride month- neo-nazi concern
depression med battle ensues gets solved by upping dose late march
Nana has surgery
Nana gets a dangerous illness

April
Mom goes in for knee surgery
I find out I need surgery
Insurance denies my first claim
identity crisis
Cousin in Italy during major earth quake- 2 days without hearing from her
Pride Month stress
Friend threatens suicide, is put on watch
I end up in hospital twice- end up with flu than strep then other stuff as a result of those
finals start?
severe ptsd episode from gay bashings puts me in bed 1-2 days


May
finals?
clean up and move out of RI?
family shit

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME A BREAK? Who has to say suicide, surgery, hatecrime and death/illness mutltiple times in such a short time.... Im so done- and yet I can't be, the show must go on until finals are finished and yet Im not even physically able to finish them right now. Honestly-
I must pat myself on the back because I put on a pretty good show... hoping someday my monthly calendars wont look like this- because others have looked worse and im hoping the future will look better.
I just want to be free

2 comments:

  1. This has not been an easy semester -- this is true. I hope summer will be good to you!!! -LB :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO you find any humor in the fact that the code word I had to type in for my last comment was "funamosh"?? :)

    ReplyDelete